Worst Job Portal Development Mistakes and How to Fix Them?
- October 19, 2021
- Posted by:
- Category: Blog
Beware of making mistakes while job portal development as it creates trouble for you when it comes to hiring. Many job portals have suffered from mistakes that impacted efficiency. Here’s a compiled list of the top unusual mistakes that are usually made while job portal development and also advice on how to avoid them to make the hiring process more efficient:
- A problem in Accessibility: Accessibility means users can easily access your website, no matter what web browser you are using. It is also referred to the vast array of operating systems, equipment, and browsers that are used for surfing the website. Having experienced web designers for your project helps you to take advantage of the formatting and presentation capabilities of the latest browsers. Moreover, they are creating a design that should be compatible with different-sized screens. Job portal development should be done in such a way that simplifies accessibility.
- Out of Topic FAQ: There is some website that consists of the irrelevance questions that cannot be asked by the visitors ever. Some sites don’t even offer FAQs, they keep on updating the content to provide relevant information.
No matter, whether you are updating queries through the FAQ page or any other way, you have to provide relevant information that people are seeking. Providing relevant content enhances the website impression and improves job portal development.
- Invisible Contact Information: People, who can’t find contact information on the job portal, will never be able to trust it. Whether you are a small firm or a large enterprise, you must provide accurate contact information to grab the confidence of your visitors. The contact information in the job portal development should contain the address, phone number, and email address.
- Avoid Surprises: We have seen many job websites that include a surprise element for their visitors by wasting their home page with a “Click here to enter site” link or an uncalled-for splash screen. Job portal development should include a clean and seamless user experience that can hold the attention of the visitors without distracting them.
- Avoid Flash: Flash is one of the best options as it adds excitement and amazing movement to your website. With the help of flash, one can easily enhance capabilities that are not possible with HTML. On the other side, using flash can also be harmful to the job website as it adds to the time taken to load the website. Job portal development should be done in such a way that includes a balance of content using flash.
- Poor Navigation: Navigation of the website plays an important role to engage visitors. It is crucial to have effective and presentable site navigation with accepted web navigation conventions. Job portal development has to follow standard techniques and standard locations for navigation elements like menus, links, etc. Job portal development should not include complex navigation as it can get overwhelming for the visitors. The navigation should be kept simple and accessible.
- Monitoring Your Site: Numerous monitoring tools are available to check the content and links of the website. Job portal development also includes monitoring your website for understanding and analyzing the changes that can be made to make the website better. Consistent monitoring of the job portal will only make the website more accessible and better.
- Response to the job seekers’ job applications: Most online portals do not reply to the job seekers on their applications. This leads to a broken experience and creates a lack of trust.
The above list contains the major mistakes that are committed while job portal development. It is essential to analyze these mistakes so that you don’t commit the same while developing your job portal. Job portal development mistakes are common and these mistakes must be fixed to make the hiring process seamless and efficient.